There are a lot of different types of machinery in this world. Each and every machine possesses different characters and is used for a variety of purposes. The one thing that is crucial for any machine is its health, greasing is one of the vital elements of any machine.
Grease vs. Oil
- Grease acts as a lubricant. There are in general, two types of lubricants available in the marketplace, oils and greases. Oils and Greases differ from each other due to their chemical composition and properties.
- Grease is usually thicker and a lot more viscous than oils. Grease falls into the classification of semi-solid lubricants whereas oil is referred as a liquid. The sole purpose of using grease or oil is to reduce the wear and tear of the machine parts and keep a firm layer of lubrication maintained within the system.
- Grease is usually made by mixing oil bases with other sort of thickeners and other material to provide it the goo type structure it possesses.Grease is known for their superiority over oil due to their excellent leakage control properties. Oils are not much thicker and have a tendency to flow off the machinery.
Grease on the other hand, is quite viscous, i.e. it is quite resistant to flow. This resistivity of grease lowers the risk of fluid leakage from within the machinery reducing the chances of burning out.Greases offer something known as shear thinning, which makes it better than using conventional oils for lubrication under extreme pressure. Grease is generally more viscous than oils but under stress its viscosity drops down to that of its base oil.
This helps grease act as a lubricant while staying on place within the gears or other machine parts.
Types of Greases
- Lithium Grease – Lithium grease is a mixture of oil and lithium soap and lithium soap is made of lithium salt in fatty acids. They are used as lubricant due to a few of its properties such as lithium grease is non-adhesive, i.e., it doesn’t sticks to the metal parts, and it is non-corrosive as well.
- MP3 Grease – MP3 grease is lithium based grease. It is basically much more refined and high grade grease. It is rated 3 at NGLI (National Lubricating Grease Institute) scale. It is better in performance than average lithium grease.
- AP3 Grease – AP3 Grease is high-quality lithium grease except the fact that it is water proof grease. It has a high viscosity index and high flash base oil. It is suitable for usage where there are high pressure conditions or high load operations.
Properties of Greases
Grease is often considered as a plastic fluid. Under extreme pressure, the viscosity of the grease drops up to the point that it matches the viscosity of its base oil.This sudden drop helps if act as a lubricant. This is the reason why grease is considered as a plastic fluid.The most common thickener added into the grease is soap. Soaps are added according to the usage of the grease. Soaps may include lithium, sodium or calcium stearate, thus providing for the name of the grease.
The most commonly used greases are lithium based grease and sodium grease. Both these greases are known to have high-melting points which makes then suitable for usage in high-temperature conditions. Though these greases are not quite water resistant this is when calcium grease saves the day.There are a lot of other types of grease such as silicone grease, water-soluble grease, food-grade grease etc. Most of these greases do not contain the basic oil base; instead they are manufactured in laboratory conditions.
Industrial Grease Manufacturers
There is a huge industry within the lubrication domain. There are plenty of grease manufacturers in India; Inzin Automotive Pvt. Ltd. is amongst the most reputed bearing grease manufacturer.
Our organization manufactures superior grade automotive grease according to the industrial standards. Our products consist of a wide range of products including lubricant oils, greases, spare parts, batteries and other automotive parts.
The grease manufacturing industry is well growing industry in India. This is due to the fact that there is a hype of machines in the market and all of these machines require maintenance.Grease is essential for the maintenance of the machine, providing lubrication and keeping the temperature of the internal parts of the machine under controlled temperatures.
Grease and Machinery goes hand in hand, which makes it an inevitable ingredient for the proper functioning of the machine.